Monday, January 28, 2013
That was fun!!!
If you ever get a chance to go on a quilting retreat with friends, I only have two words of advice....DO IT! We had so much fun this weekend. I can't even tell you what my favorite part was so I will just list the highlights in no particular order...
1. We stayed at a beautiful wilderness retreat in the middle of absolutely nowhere.
2. We had a lovely large room with wall to wall windows for sewing.
3. We slept in very basic but clean and comfortable hotel-style rooms.
4. We ate some really delicious home cooked meals prepared by the staff, served by the staff, and cleaned up by the staff, (which means we had more time for sewing!)
5. There was a snack and coffee station in the sewing room for emergencies.
6. Each quilter had her own 8 foot table for sewing and working.
7. There were two ironing stations set up for group use.
8. With over 20 quilters in the room, there were some gorgeous projects to admire.
9. We played a really fun game that involved ripping ugly fabric and a few dance moves by some.
10. We found treats and prizes at our stations when we returned from meals or sleeping.
11. There were lots of prizes and give aways.
12. There was constant chatter and laughter.
13. There may have been a practical joke or two.
14. There was absolutely no wine consumed in red solo cups, none.
15. Naps were allowed at any given time.
16. The sewing room was open when the first quilter was up (not me) and until the last quilter went to bed (again, not me!)
17. There were no rules, but we all did make blocks for charity projects.
18. Quilters are really good people to spend the weekend with.
19. Stories were shared, hugs were given, and friendships were renewed.
20. Playing with fabric and friends is good for the soul.