It might seem obvious that having a basement filled with water is not a good thing but let me share why I don't like it...
1. It smells funky.
2. Replacing a water heater costs $1,531 (calculate that in yardage!)
3. I now have about 30 bags of wet carpet padding on my back patio (anyone need some?)
4. The dryers and dehumidifiers are LOUD.
5. The dryers and dehumidifiers use a lot of electricity, which means a circuit blows every time I turn on an iron or sewing machine. Hmpf.
6. I would much rather shop for fabric than new flooring.
7. The dogs are completely freaked out by the noise and the unusual flooring situation.
8. None of the doors will close because they are all swollen.
9. The dryers make all the blocks on my design wall fly away.
10. The flooring in my sewing room has buckled...do I dare calculate how much
11. Moist fabric does not feel as good as dry fabric.
12. Did I mention the smell?
The good news is that all of the sewing room is basically safe. None of the quilts were damaged. It could have been so much worse, and I am thankful that it wasn't. It does stress me out a bit though because it cuts into my sewing time, and that's how I relieve stress!
Hope you are doing more quilting than I am!!!