Ever have one of those quilts that starts out really well and then takes a few detours? I loved string piecing these blocks and they sewed into a quilt top very nicely. I was happy with the red solid for the background and all was right in my world (with this quilt at least!)
Then I started the border. I had an idea (in my mind) that I wanted to make half block borders. So I sewed two borders and put them up on the wall with the star...
It's okaaaaay, but not as great as I had imagined. So then I flipped them the other way and added a tiny blue strip in between...again, not thrilling.
So I asked my daughter's advice and she slapped up some more pieced blocks onto the ones already there. Hmm. Maybe, so I sewed a row of these. Nope. I ripped out that row.
Then I decided to make whole blocks, I sewed some of the half blocks together to get an idea. This looked like it might work.
And here's a whole border done (don't mind the wagging tail that is moving the bottom corner of the quilt, it's just how things are around here with a cRaZy black lab.) I think this is the border I'm going with. Now all I have to decide is if I want to add the blue inner border. My daughter says YES and I'm leaning towards no. Hmm. Any input would be welcome!
Enjoy every stitch!