1. The CES quilt show this weekend was wonderful. That group of quilters throws a great show and they are so kind to their vendors. They were there to help with set up, clean up, and everything in between. They provided meals and they watched my booth for me while I took necessary breaks. They even chatted with me and kept me entertained during the lulls. It was a great way to spend the weekend even if I did miss my kiddos terribly.
2. I will be teaching at the Lake Oconee Quilt Guild tomorrow! (I know, what fool is in charge of my calendar?!? Oh, that would be me.) I will give a presentation in the morning and then do a workshop in the afternoon.
3. You can find me at the QUILT CABIN at the local fair on Wednesday. My local guild volunteers to demonstrate quilting and talk to visitors about our
4. I'll be teaching a workshop on Saturday to a local guild. Again, I'm going to need to fire my scheduler, she must be insane! Anyway, it will be fun and I'm sure we will all go home with some cute pincushions!
5. My husband returned home from Africa and has been on two more trips in the past week. He left for San Francisco just after helping me set up for the show and returned in time to help take it down. Lucky for me!! Two teenage boys also make the loading and carrying go quickly.
6. Kelly has been at the barn every day and is having fun just riding and relaxing with her best friend. Show season is winding down and now they are focused on spending some good quality time together.
7. One of my boys found out on Friday that he will have to take a month off of running to let an injury heal. This is not an easy thing for a boy who loves to run everysingleday! So he is riding his bike next to his brother while he runs. Seriously, there is no stopping these boys! I love them so much.
8. I have some big deadlines coming up! In addition to writing for Craftsy, and designing quilts for magazines (two more coming in Fons and Porter issues this spring!) I have another really HUGE project in the works. Can you guess what that might be? I'm so excited, and thrilled and terrified all at the same time.
Luckily, I have the most wonderful, calm and steady husband who balances out my frantic and crazy ways! I also have the best friends a girl could ever ask for and they support me and encourage me more than I could ever deserve. And no matter what else is going on in my life, my kids make me laugh every single day! I may be busy, and I may be stressed, but I am so incredibly blessed! Thank you so much for sharing this journey with me! Your comments and notes really do mean more to me than you know, and when I see how many of you click onto this little blog of mine, it warms my heart to know that there are so many of you who care enough to check in and see what's going on. Thank you so very, very much!
Enjoy every stitch!