Happy Valentine's Day friends!! I made this little wall hanging the other day for my front hall. I hadn't hung anything since I took the Christmas wall hanging down and it looked a little naked. I used the heart pattern I shared HERE minus the border strips.
To make this Valentine Trio wall hanging:
Make three heart blocks without the border strips. Then...
Cut 2 inner border strips 1 1/2" x 18 1/2".
Cut 2 inner border strips 1 1/2" x 8 1/2".
Cut 2 outer border strips 2" x 22 1/2".
Cut 2 outer border strips 2" x 13 1/2".
Cut 44 squares 1 1/2" from the white scraps.
Cut 4 squares 1 1/2" from red scraps.
Cut 4 rectangles 1 1/2" x 2 1/2" from red scraps.
Cut 16 rectangles 1 1/2" x 3 1/2" from the red scraps.
1. Sew the three heart blocks together into a row as shown.
2. Sew the longer inner borders to the sides of the hearts as shown.
3. Sew the shorter inner borders to the top and bottom of the hearts as shown.
4. Sew 4 HST by layering the 1 1/2" red squares with white squares and sew a seam across the diagonal. Trim away one side leaving a quarter inch seam allowance. Press open.
5. Sew a white 1 1/2" square to each end of the rectangles in the same manner. Trim away the excess and press open.
6. Sew 6 of the 3 1/2" units together end to end, adding a HST to each end as shown in the photo.
7. Make two of these and sew them to the sides of the hearts unit.
8. Sew 2 of the 3 1/2" units together end to end, adding a 2 1/2" unit to each end.
9. Make two of these and sew them to the top and bottom of the unit.
10. Sew the longer outer borders to the sides of the quilt. Sew the shorter outer borders to the top and bottom.
Layer, baste and quilt. Bind the quilt and add a sleeve for hanging.
This should be easy to finish before Valentine's Day. I would love to see a photo if you do decide to make your own. Or add it to Instagram using #Valentinetrio
Enjoy every stitch!