I am making a new, smaller, RED version of my DREAMING IN BLACK AND WHITE quilt. This version is only going to be crib size. I want to add a border and scallop the edge. The black and white sample is king size which is perfect for my bed, but a little cumbersome for trunk shows. The pattern includes five sizes so I thought it would be a good idea to make another size anyway. But most importantly, I just wanted to.
This size requires 50 nine patch blocks. I started by selecting 9 red fat quarters, and 9 white fat quarters. Then I cute five 2.5" x 15.5" strips from each of the reds, and four 2.5" x 15.5" strips from the whites. This allowed me to make two red/white/red strip sets and one white/red/white strip set from each pair of red and white combos. Once the strips were sewn, I sub-cut them across every 2.5" and had enough to make 6 nine patch blocks from each combination. The blocks will finish at 6" (they are 6.5"now)
I'll have a few leftover, but I think I will be able to add those to the random sampler I'm working on with Anita. I'm really enjoying this quilt.
Enjoy every stitch!