(Ponte Vedra Beach 2008)
I've noticed a few other bloggers writing lists of 10 THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME and thought I would share. My list doesn't seem nearly as exciting as some of the other lists, but I think I'll share it anyway. So here goes...
2. My favorite color has always been red, but lately cheddar has been getting lots of my attention.
3. I lived in Puerto Rico for a year (1994) while I was a flight attendant for American Airlines. I loved every minute of it!
(2007 family trip to San Juan)
5. I met my husband on a bus. Yep, you never know what you will find on public transportation! We were riding from LaGuardia Airport to Manhattan and I think I fell in love before we crossed the bridge. :)
(together in Barbados 2011ish?)
6. I love to grow veggies in my garden but I can't keep a house plant alive for anything. I almost feel sorry for my houseplants when I buy them knowing what a long and sad death they are surely facing.
7. I was was born and raised in south Louisiana. I lived in one town from first grade through graduation just outside New Orleans on Lake Pontchartrain. I loved it. I thought all kids built forts in hundred year old oaks and rode bikes in the woods and swam in the bayou. It was a great place to grow up if you don't include the mosquitoes and humidity and hurricanes.
(click on photo for photo credit)
8. I've been quilting since 1997. I wanted to make a baby quilt so I signed up for a class at my local quilt shop while I was on maternity leave. I was hooked immediately.
(my first quilt made in 1997)
(David, Kelly and Danny in Oct. 2013)
10. If I had my choice on any given day, I would be at the beach. Any beach. I never met a beach I didn't like. I am not a huge fan of ocean swimming, though I do, but I love to feel the sand between my toes and sun on my face. I could walk along the beach and look at the waves everyday and never be tired of the view. I just find the ocean so calming and peaceful. Even when a storm passes, I love the beach.
(boys in Ft. Lauderdale, April 2014)
Like I said, not the most exciting list, but now you know a bit more about me. If you would like to leave a random fact about yourself, I would love to read it. If not, have a great day!
Enjoy every day!