I've made a little progress on the string star. It's been a fun and relaxing way to ease back into my sewing room and a welcome therapy to put the "flood" behind me.
Once my little diamonds were paper pieced, I sewed them into rows.
I removed the paper from the seam allowance before sewing the rows together.
I also pressed the seam allowances open.
You can see here that I pin them on each side of the seam to make sure the intersections line up.
Then I removed the paper from those seam allowances before sewing the rows together.
I have my eight large star points sewn but they are not sewn to each other yet.
I need to go buy some background fabric. I'm thinking red, like this one which I don't have enough of obviously.
I also plan a pieced border but am still playing with ideas.
Just thought I would share a little progress.
Enjoy every stitch!