Monday, December 1, 2014
Seriously, am I the only person who can't believe it is December already? I mean, where the heck did November go? Or October for that matter! I'm either living in my own time zone, not getting enough sleep, or simply confused. Perhaps all three.
Okay then, let's do this December checklist/goal/whatever thing...
1. I will walk a minimum of one mile a day no matter what the weather is like. Who's with me?
2. I will make the time to read at least one book, hopefully two!
3. I will try a new recipe (frozen fruit salad, YUM!)
4. I will not let the shopping/ party going/ season of craziness get to me. I will remain calm. (Repeat to self as needed.)
5. I will make at least one handmade gift.
6. I will treat myself to something magical (hopefully I will recognize it when I see it!)
Oh sure, there will still be all the traditions and family time that I cherish. There will be tree decorating, cookie baking and stocking stuffing. There will be surprises and music and laughing. There will be hot chocolate and snuggling with doggies. There will be movies and football games to watch. There will cold weather and blazing fires. But this year, I'm going to savor the moments more and stress less. I'm going to relax a little and let go. Am I the only one who needs this little reminder?
Let's do this December!