Here's the list of why I haven't been a good blogger yet again this week:
1. I finished a really cute quilt that is a gift and want to share a photo of it but it hasn't arrived at it's destination yet. I don't know if they read my blog or not, but I don't want to spoil the surprise. (It's really stinkin' cute!)
2. I STILL haven't taken a decent photo of my 1718 quilt top. No excuses.
3. I bought some super cute fabric this week because the local shop is having a great sale. But I always feel a little awkward sharing the fabrics I buy because I don't want anyone to be sad if their budget is tight at the moment. Maybe I'm just weird in that way.
4. I am having a hard time adjusting to the back-to-school routine. My kids are awesome and get up and get ready on time every day. I love packing their lunches and giving them hugs and kisses in the morning. But honestly, I miss them while they are at school and then sports. I treasure our time around the dinner table even if it is only 10 minutes. We already have a cross country meet tonight and another one on Saturday. There's a horse show on Saturday too. I'm getting tired thinking about our weekend schedule. *sigh*
5. I recently had 3 quilts accepted to major magazine that I've never published with before. So I now have a whole new 'system' to learn and while that's an awesome problem to have...I tend to stress about these things.
6. My sewing room is an utter disaster. It needs a major tidy up and once over. I did manage to sort the bookshelves this week and organize them. But the fabric and everything else is in need of some serious organization. How do I handle this...I've avoided my sewing room for two days now. That's how I handle it.
(Boomer only looks innocent...he's a handful!)
7. My husband has been working a lot lately. Summer is a busy travel season and he flies a plane, so he's usually busy in the summer (and holidays) but he's been gone so much, and that leaves me to tend to 3 teens, 3 dogs, and a grumpy cat mostly on my own. I think I need a vacation.
Okay, rant over...thanks for letting me vent.
Now go sew something gorgeous and blog about it so I can read blogs to avoid cleaning my sewing room for yet one more day.
It is ok to rant! Sometimes life just sucks...ReplyDelete
Hang in there, is a beautiful life.ReplyDelete
Dear Diane, you have 3 wonderful children, 3 wonderful puppies, a super wonderful husband ....and you are making patchwork !!!ReplyDelete
Yes, you' re right to write it all because we understand you !! :)
As Karen wrote....life is beautiful !
And you are full of kindness !!!!!!!!
Oh, I understand! I'm working two jobs. ..one for about 50 hours a week and one another 15 or so. Sewing time is rare right now and I'm in need of needle and thread therapy! And, yes, my sewing room is a disaster, too!ReplyDelete
I hear ya!ReplyDelete
I didn't think that was ranting. It reminded me of my life all the time. Thought that was normal.ReplyDelete
That's not whining - that's life! I can totally relate to the Dear Husband with long hours. Many was the time I felt like a single mom taxiing my kids and dogs from place to place. Needle and thread was my therapy then and now!ReplyDelete
you busy girl!ReplyDelete
It's good to hear the 'real' sometimes. I had to laugh at some of what you wrote. Why do we ever think we have time to do what WE want to do anyway!ReplyDelete
ranting is good. so is chocolate. congrats on the publications - I don't get any magazines, so you'll have to share. Also, how many times a week do you blog? I'm happy if I get one out, lol.ReplyDelete
You are BUSY! Congrats on the magazines - that is really exciting! You do a much, much better job of blogging than I do - my posts are getting very few and far between. Have a great (and busy!) weekend!ReplyDelete
It's a weird transition time. I hope you get into a routine soon.ReplyDelete
You are so busy and I totally get that avoidance behavior!!! Amazing what I'll clean to avoid doing something I really dread!!! Enjoy the craziness that is your wonderful life...all too soon the kids will be out of the house and it will be so very quiet!! Rant away, we'll always listen and maybe join in with a few of our own!!!ReplyDelete