Here's the list of why I haven't been a good blogger yet again this week:
1. I finished a really cute quilt that is a gift and want to share a photo of it but it hasn't arrived at it's destination yet. I don't know if they read my blog or not, but I don't want to spoil the surprise. (It's really stinkin' cute!)
2. I STILL haven't taken a decent photo of my 1718 quilt top. No excuses.
3. I bought some super cute fabric this week because the local shop is having a great sale. But I always feel a little awkward sharing the fabrics I buy because I don't want anyone to be sad if their budget is tight at the moment. Maybe I'm just weird in that way.
4. I am having a hard time adjusting to the back-to-school routine. My kids are awesome and get up and get ready on time every day. I love packing their lunches and giving them hugs and kisses in the morning. But honestly, I miss them while they are at school and then sports. I treasure our time around the dinner table even if it is only 10 minutes. We already have a cross country meet tonight and another one on Saturday. There's a horse show on Saturday too. I'm getting tired thinking about our weekend schedule. *sigh*
5. I recently had 3 quilts accepted to major magazine that I've never published with before. So I now have a whole new 'system' to learn and while that's an awesome problem to have...I tend to stress about these things.
6. My sewing room is an utter disaster. It needs a major tidy up and once over. I did manage to sort the bookshelves this week and organize them. But the fabric and everything else is in need of some serious organization. How do I handle this...I've avoided my sewing room for two days now. That's how I handle it.
(Boomer only looks innocent...he's a handful!)
7. My husband has been working a lot lately. Summer is a busy travel season and he flies a plane, so he's usually busy in the summer (and holidays) but he's been gone so much, and that leaves me to tend to 3 teens, 3 dogs, and a grumpy cat mostly on my own. I think I need a vacation.
Okay, rant over...thanks for letting me vent.
Now go sew something gorgeous and blog about it so I can read blogs to avoid cleaning my sewing room for yet one more day.