Friday, July 7, 2017
2017 Summer Sew Along
It's going to happen friends! Thanks to your overwhelming positive support, we are going to sew along together and use up some scraps in the process. I am still working out the details, but I wanted to give you some basic information so you can start preparing (even if only mentally) for how this is going to work.
What we are doing:
1. We will be using 2 1/2'' strips. This will make it go faster and keep it easy!
2. We will only divide them into two groups of backgrounds and brights.
(or any colors you choose, your background can be white like mine, or cream, or black, or blue or whatever contrasts nicely with your scraps)
3. Feel free to use up some jelly rolls or leftover jelly roll strips!
4. Start cutting now, there will be a LOT of strips needed, so you can't have too many on hand.
5. I will share the cutting and sewing steps with multiple layout options as we go.
When are we doing this:
1. The first step will be posted on Sunday July 16! (I haven't actually started yet.)
2. I will share steps each Sunday until we are finished. Probably 5-6 weeks.
3. There will be a link ups available for you to share your photos or you can just email them to me and I will post them for you!
4. You don't have to share photos or links, but it's more fun if you do. ;)
Thanks for making this fun and exciting for me too! I know we are going to have a good time stripping and sewing together. No better way to beat the summer heat!
Now start stripping!