Saturday, June 2, 2018
Hello June, Hello Summer
I love summer! It's my favorite season by far! And while I'm aware that the calendar doesn't say it's summer yet, it's summer in my mind and that's what matters to me!
I love long sunny days and being outside and the feeling of freedom summer somehow always imparts. I love having my kids home and having the house full of friends coming and going. I love fresh garden produce and salads and dinner on the grill. I love not having springtime allergies anymore. I love waking up to the sun shining in the window and sewing by the late afternoon light that streams into my sewing room. I love summer, did I mention that? LOL
I've got big plans for this summer. And because I love lists almost as much as I love summer... Here's just a few things that I plan to work on:
BUTTERFLY THREADS QUILTING
1. Create three new patterns (quilts are made!)
2. Release another new template, plus a template set!
3. Make progress on book #3.
4. Restock and expand online shop (fun stuff!)
5. Plan a booth for 2 shows in the fall.
6. Launch my longarm quilting services for hire.
7. Create a custom commission quilt.
1. Create a fitness routine with variety of yoga, walking, hiking and biking.
2. Visit farmer's market and try some new healthy recipes.
3. Proactive steps to combat pain (joint and arthritis issues).
4. Alter new clothes, clean out closet, wardrobe editing.
4. Transition from desktop to laptop for portability.
There's more but I'm trying to keep it realistic. And to make sure I make progress, each one of these items actually has a list of steps! I do love my lists.
So what do you plan to do this summer? I would love to hear what you will be doing in the comments. Speaking of comments...I'm no longer getting emails informing me of your comments so I'm replying to them in the comment section, but I realized, you may not be getting notification of my replies. Ugh. I hope blogger works this issue out soon. Please know that I read and appreciate every comment, and I reply to every comment!
Our online friendships are important to me, thank you for you unending kindness and support. I'm glad we have this place to connect.