If you love thick chewy chocolate chip cookies, this recipe will be your new favorite. It's a variation on the recipe found on the back of the chocolate chip bag, but with a few enhancements that were recommended by my friend Janet. I'll never go back to the regular bag recipe again! These are the cookies I include in every college care package I send to my kids.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 stick unsalted butter softened*
1 1/2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips or morsels
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix softened butter, eggs and vanilla until creamy.
- Pour butter mixture into dry ingredients bowl and mix well.
- Fold chocolate chips into batter.
- Use a medium scoop to drop dough onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until edges turn golden.
- Remove from over and cool on wire racks.
Makes about 3 dozen.
*If you don't have time to let it sit on the counter to soften, microwave for 20-30 for a softer butter, but don't melt it completely as that changes the consistency of the cookies.
Enjoy every bite!