(photo from GET TO WORK BOOK by Elise Blaha Cripe)
I am happy to report that I'm off to a great start on my
20 for 2020 !!!
1. Attend 120 Pilates classes. With my work and travel schedule this may be a challenge, but I love the way I feel when I make the time and effort!
I've attended 11 pilates classes.
2. Read 60 Books. I read 54 this year, and this includes the books I listen to while traveling.
I've read 5 books, and working on two more.
3. Finish 10 quilts and donate them to charity. I have 3 almost complete.
I've finished 5 quilts for charity and turned them into the guild.
4. Walk a 5K every week. I know this is good for me and the dog will love it! I think it will be more enjoyable if I learn how to do listen to audio books on my phone (see # 14)
I have NOT walked a single 5K because the weather is the pits and I haven't figured out how to listen to audio books on my phone, so those things will probably start to happen together I'm guessing.
5. Go on a trip with my husband. He travels for work and I want to go along with him on a trip. He likes it when I travel with him but coordinating it can be a challenge.
6. Learn how to use EQ8. I have had it for a year now, it's time to figure it out!
7. Finish a custom quilt on my longarm using rulers.This is half complete. I just need to schedule the time to get it done.
Progress made but not yet complete.
8. Publish 3 patterns that are in various stages of development. So excited to share some super fun stuff I've been playing with!
I published a new pattern in January!
I have continued to work on the additional 2 patterns that are in progress, and I've been thinking about my 'publishing life' and weighing some options. To be honest, I'm dragging my feet a bit on this one as it is a real mixed bag. Lots of satisfaction but lots of frustration too.
9. Submit a design to an international magazine. Very intimidating, but I like a challenge!
I was published in a British magazine (total surprise to me!) does that count as part of my 20 for 2020? LOL Okay, probably not.
10. Reduce sugar in my diet. I'm addicted to sugar and I hate the way it make me feel.
11. Clean out my quilt closet. This is scary, as it's a big closet, but I need to purge and sort and remind myself what's lurking in there!
Progress made but not yet complete.
12. Attack the attic and leave only what is necessary. I know there are things up there that really need to go to a new home, it's time to make that happen.
13. Rework my office space for more efficiency. I have two different desk areas, I want to consolidate and make it more comfortable.
14. Learn how to listen to audio books on my phone/car. Technology can get the best of me but I don't want to be the old lady who can't do things for herself. I need to learn how this stuff works!
15. Clean out the closets.
16. Develop a meaningful AM routine with yoga/stretching. I've never been a morning person, and I think I need a routine that will help me with that.
17. Design a new Block of the Month for fun. These have been so much fun to share the last few years, I definitely have some ideas, and I am looking forward to this!
18. Make pillowcases for charity out of stash fabrics. Leftover yardage from backings that is lingering in my stash needs to be put to good use.
19. Attend the Birmingham Quilt Festival. I have wanted to do this for years, maybe I can make it happen this year.
20. Remake a small version of Razzmatazz in neutrals. I love this quilt from my first book, but I want a small version in soft neutrals. I have the vision in my head, now I need to make it happen in fabric!
All of these goals are meant to be a guide to keep me on track for the year, not a race, so I'm not trying to finish everything now. I just want to come back to visit this list once a month or so and see how I'm progressing and if I need to make any changes.
I am in charge of the list, the list is not in charge of me. I feel good about the start I've made and feel hopeful that many of these items will continue to be a good focus for me.
I hope you are making progress on whatever it is you want to be doing. There is no 'perfect time' to start, so just do what you can, when you can. If it's important to you, it will happen!