Welcome to the launch of the Mystery Block of the Month! I am sharing the Block of the Month created for my local guild here beginning today! Here's what to expect:
- Steps will be shared once a month from September 2020 until March 2021.
- Two size options will be given for Queen Size or Throw Size.
- Three color options will be offered, totally scrappy, or two color, or three color.
- The instructions will include the steps for the month, you choose how many and color options.
- March 2021 will have several border options if you choose to add a border or borders.
- 1 charm pack or 3/4 yard of fabric for step 1
- 1 yard of fabric for sashing (or scraps)
- 2 1/2 yards for border (if adding one to large size) OR
- 2 yards for border (if adding one to throw size)
- 24 fat quarters or 6 yards TOTAL of scraps or fabrics for blocks OR
- 12 fat quarters or 3 yards TOTAL for throw size
- Additional scraps for pieced border (optional)
- throw or queen size batting
- throw or queen size backing
- no special rulers or tools needed
Cut a 5” square
- Queen Size-cut 36
- Throw Size-cut 20
Scrappy- choose a charm pack or a fabric with lots of colors
Two Color- use all one color or do half in color A and half in color B
* I chose the Kaffe dot fat quarter bundle on the top shelf in the photo. All of my 5" squares are cut from those dot fabrics. I will be using a collection of Heather Ross fat quarters from various collections for all future steps. I have not decided on my sashing fabric yet. If I had to guess, I'll probably go scrappy because that's how I roll.
Thanks for the Mystery BOM and 2020 Sew Along! You are sure going to keep us busy this Fall! Have a great weekend!ReplyDelete
You have been very busy!! So we need to coordinate our charm pack and our FQ bundle, then, right? I just purchased the *most* lucious bundle of arboretum just because, but then I saw the requirements on the mystery quilt and knew it was meant to be! I'm thinking a charm pack of grunge would be really fun to mix up with the arboretum!! Thanks for sharing your talents with us!!! :)ReplyDelete