I naively announced this set of goals almost a year ago, and who could have predicted how much our world would change this year? But I'm not one to give up so easily, so I've edited the list below to reflect what actually happened...
20 for 2020
2. Read 60 Books. I read 54 this year, and this includes the books I listen to while traveling. I'm on book 56 so I'm optimistic that this will happen!
3. Finish 10 quilts and donate them to charity. I have 3 almost complete. DONE
6. Learn how to use EQ8. I have had it for a year now, it's time to figure it out! Progress but still so much to learn! I did learn how to use PROcreate and designed my first two fabric lines using it.
7. Finish a custom quilt on my longarm using rulers. This is half complete. I just need to schedule the time to get it done. DONE
8. Publish 3 patterns that are in various stages of development. So excited to share some super fun stuff I've been playing with! No but I developed two online classes for guild presentations!
9. Submit a design to an international magazine. Very intimidating, but I like a challenge! DONE
10. Reduce sugar in my diet. I'm addicted to sugar and I hate the way it make me feel. Seriously? Not this year!
11. Clean out my quilt closet. This is scary, as it's a big closet, but I need to purge and sort and remind myself what's lurking in there! Progress, I've donated two large bins of fabric and will continue to work on this one bin at a time!
12. Attack the attic and leave only what is necessary. I know there are things up there that really need to go to a new home, it's time to make that happen. Progress! I've laid additional flooring over the rafters, removed one car load of stuff, and began organizing the rest. Still several loads to donate, but pleased with the progress so far.
13. Rework my office space for more efficiency. I have two different desk areas, I want to consolidate and make it more comfortable. DONE
14. Learn how to listen to audio books on my phone/car. Technology can get the best of me but I don't want to be the old lady who can't do things for herself. I need to learn how this stuff works! DONE
15. Clean out the closets. DONE
16. Develop a meaningful AM routine with yoga/stretching. I've never been a morning person, and I think I need a routine that will help me with that. Seriously? What was I thinking? It's still all about the coffee.
17. Design a new Block of the Month for fun. These have been so much fun to share the last few years, I definitely have some ideas, and I am looking forward to this! DONE
18. Make pillowcases for charity out of stash fabrics. Leftover yardage from backings that is lingering in my stash needs to be put to good use. DONE
20. Remake a small version of Razzmatazz in neutrals. I love this quilt from my first book, but I want a small version in soft neutrals. I have the vision in my head, now I need to make it happen in fabric! No but I did learn how to collage quilt!
I also survived a Kitchen remodel, learned how to make a power point presentation, got a quilt published in Simply Moderne, designed two fabric lines, learned how to teach via ZOOM and spent more time with my college kids that I had ever hoped to!
While 2020 did NOT go as planned, I think I managed to learn a lot, get a few things finished, get a few things started, and make a whole lot of progress in a variety of areas. But I would prefer 2021 to contain far fewer surprises. Just saying...
Give yourself credit for what you did accomplish this year in spite of it all!